Monday, February 05, 2007

Damn

I just found out one of grandmothers is dying. Mum is going overseas to see her before she dies. I’m not going to. She hasn’t been well for a long time, she is quite old, she can’t remember anyone these days, can’t speak a language I can understand, except grandmother, which every grandchild is fluent in, but I’m not sure how much of that she remembers.

It’s quite unexpected. Well, she hasn’t been well for a long time… but she has been pretty similar for a long time. So it’s not entirely unexpected. It is however disturbing and upsetting.

I'm not sure what to say, I'm not sure what I can say. I don't even know what to hope for in this case. I'm not even sure how I feel, except a large portion of sad.

This comes on the heels of feeling pretty happy about what seems like a nice beginning.

Bittersweet, happy with sad, ...

I'll miss her, and she isnt gone yet.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Condolences man. At least the entire living in sickness ordeal will be over for her.

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. and for those around her too. i wonder what's better for freida.. knowing her mum will be gone.. or knowing she will be hanging on in sickness without even being able to recognise her own daughter.. degenerative disease is a tough bitch.. death can be a win. and a relief. better come down to see your mum when she gets back.. then we shall all get SHITFACED and shout L'CHAIM!!!
mara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home