Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Whirlwind

My girlfriend and I find ourselves back in Brisbane. The ebbs and flows of our trip to Melbourne left me almost without breath, but definitely relaxed and relieved.

On arriving there I was greeted by my best friend and we immediately went to the city to China Bar, one of my favorite restaurants, for a late dinner. We were joined by his girlfriend and went back to there place. The following day we went to Chadstone, for shopping, and my grandparents, for Shabbat, and Brunswick St, to Polly for late night drinks in a decadent atmosphere.

Melbourne knew how to greet our arrival with unseasonal cold and wet weather, quite out of the range of Queensland weather, and did it ever make me miss that town. So following the cold I was taken down with a bad sore throat. But never did I let it get me down. The bad weather did not actually start until after the wedding that was one of the main purposes of our visit.

After that there was Christmas with family and friends, hideous amounts of shopping at as many major places for shopping as possible. Dinners, restaurants, cafes, chocolate, clothes and a New Years party in the middle of the country in an abandoned converted church with my friends and copious amounts of stuff that you bring in a new year with, food, drink, other and music.

And then the wind down… more of the same, shopping, eating, friends.

It felt full on, relaxing, and awesome.

I miss you all.

My girl loved every minute of it, the place, the people, the food, THE SHOPPING

We even managed to get sick numerous times during the trip and it was still awesome.

Further break down and description of events by request, all requests be answered via blog.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, good to hear you had such a good time, and good to hear kana engoyed it too! :D

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home