Thursday, November 30, 2006

A trip by the seaside

This title feels like it should be heading and Enid Blyton novel.

A long story short is that 2 friends came and visited me from Melbourne. Them, my girlfriend and I spent about half a week showing them around Brisbane, the beautiful places and all the good restaurants that I know of so far.

They were blown away by the fake beach, which is awesome, the hot weather and the atmosphere. After a few days of getting to know Brisbane we headed out north, to Maleny. A laid back, mountain, country town, with a fairly rich population focusing on organic produce and a hippesque lifestyle. Awesome food was had. A lovely place owned by my relatives (also lovely) was stayed at. Keys were locked into my car and fun was had.

2 nights were spent in noosa, awesome seafood was had. Much mucking around in the pool, spa and beach. 3 people were taught how to body board by myself and many a wave was caught, in some cases for the first time.

A fun time was had, a joyful reunion now over, sweet, and yet bittersweet. Now the rest of life intrudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home