Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The day my car exploded

I thought today was going to be an ordinary day, get up, get dressed, go to work, have my usual set of frustrating encounters with the usual people and go home and eat and stuff… ordinary.

As I drove my car into the city to drop off my girlfriend she tells me the story of her dream last night, she dreamt that I had some kind of relationship with someone else, who is a friend of mine in Melbourne, and then after finding this out, she started a relationship with the same person. In this dream I then found out about her relationship with this friend of mine. Jen you were part of a dreamt love triangle :p

The only part of this that seems particularly out of place, ok, well one of them is that I would be upset…Admittedly on some levels this would bother me, but my girl, having a relationship with a girl, that I was also having a relationship with… I may not be much of a mathematician, but 1 + 1 + 1 = THREESOME!

All that aside, after the dream was related to me as I drove to work in stop-start traffic, and after I finished laughing and promised to relate this story to whoever frequents this page, did the atmosphere become severly 80ish as clouds of dry ice, surrounded us, and there was David Bowie, complete with glass juggling ball, tights and tennis balls… No, just kidding, the bonnet of my car started vomiting evaporated coolant through the gaps of the main panel. A passing driver kindly informed me of the pooling coolant underneath my car, and so I turned it off.

Stopped in the middle of a busy near-city street I interrupted a lane of traffic while the RACQ tow-truck was on the way. A kindly Brisbane Transport truck kindly waited behind me, protecting my vehicle and making nice with traffic flows. This vehicle came fully equipped with a padded bumper, ready to push me off the road if required.

My car was eventually towed to a radiator repair place, within a few hundred meters of the incident. The fixing of the broken pipes will run me down $440 dollars, damn Chrysler and their parts. This has already occurred and has not solved the problem, apparently my fan, the thing that cools the radiator is not working… further looking at will occur and an auto electrician may be called for.

This incident is possibly not that major, and can be expected of a car of this age, however the addition problem of the fan seems to be icing on the cake of a problematic vehicle.

This has not been the best of days.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew ew ew ew ew. :p Do not wanna hear about triangular based relationships. :P

On the other hand, poor Chrysler. :(

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kana you sick little puppy! what is it with japanese people and sex?! weirdos! i guess at least she didn't dream about getting some of her jen's pre-worn panties out of a vending machine and sniffing them... OR DID SHE?!
mara

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

*Replays Kana's dream, but replaces Sigmund with David Bowie* ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home