Saturday, July 15, 2006

The week

Things are rolling along at a nice pace. This last week has left me slightly tired due to spending my time in ways that I wouldnt change :p

Now last weekend ended oddly. I found myself walking around with my girl, a friend of mine and her friend. Who turned out to be a stripper with a speed habit. Who had movie style bad luck in drug and sex related incidents the night before and was still recovering.

This weekend has started off in a similarly interesting vein. A friend of mine, who recently broke up with his (ex) girlfriend has been taking it extremely badly. Movie badly.

(I realize movie badly might be an unusual term, so an explaination follows. Imagine you are watching a movie, to explain to the audience that something is going badly, considering the time frame and the sensational style of media a movie is, would they try to impart this knowledge on you subtly? No. Gernally blatant and over the top stories and events will conspire to find themselves on the screen with the most dramatic and graphic images possible within the appropriate rating level. Gotta love movies :) )

He has also had his lease run out on him, so he will be leaving Brisbane. This has all the earmarks of a celebration/commisseration. Now I was late to meet up with him, and his phone was no longer being answered.. intentionally or due to battery, its all uncertain. However I managed to track him down and where the event was occuring. Some guy smoking a cigarette in a doorway in the city filled me in on the exact location of the event.

When describing the reason for the event he said, yeah. That would be the right place.

It turns out that he decided to have his farewell at a strip club. DAMN they had some hot strippers there. And considering it was his farewell, I was convinced in chipping in for a spa show for him and the rest of the party, which was pretty cool.

This all seems to be in heavy contrast to the rest of my week, which mostly includes "working" and seeing my girlfriend. Where working seems to currently involve spending half a day on bus, throwing stress balls around and designing flowcharts in publisher, oh and a couple pretty laid back meetings.


Oh, the weather here is fantastic :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home