Sunday, June 25, 2006

The following week

Working working working.... recovering from being in melbourne.

This week my work consisted of trying to work on a badly written and desgined bit of train modelling software that was written in cobol, in the way that people in universities tell you not to write in, 20 years ago.

This is my work at the moment, that I should not focus on because "soon we will get 2 new programs that do the same thing where we dont have to deal with this old piece of crap anymore"

when will we get it? after this current project. Help out, but dont learn too much, cause your going to have to throw that learning out in a month.

ARRRRRGGGG!!!

However this was nicely interspersed by my completing a tour of the entire brisbane rail network. It took 2 days.

I now know more about the various intricisies of the network, and of the internal politics behind its operation.

I met someone who wears a hankerchief around their neck to hide their circumcision scar.

I also had to make some hard decisions about things, which I wont discuss here, one of which involved going to Noosa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home