Sunday, June 25, 2006

The update

Mood: On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is crappy, and 10 is good, fucking awesome

Current Beer: Monteith's black, a prince of beers, although prince of a very small country :p

So, First there was melbourne.

Now my my intentions were to visit melbourne regularly, keep in touch with my aged but lovely grandparents and the rest of my family and friends.

The timing for the first visit was soley driven by two of my friends, they were leaving the country. I planned to come down, see them off at a huge goodbye party, which everyone else i knew would be at, making the rest of the trip fairly relaxing chatting with best friends and doing whatever the fuck seemed like a good idea at the time.

There was no going away party. They were too busy. As a result there was a very hectic 4 and a bit days of running around, trying to spend quality time with my family and seeing all of my friends. Quite a hard task. I managed most of it.

Higlights:
Going out with my sister.
(although I didnt drive (w00t) I was required to take the wheel from my sister, when she begged me to perform an awesome reverse park, that frankly I thought was impossible)
We saw some good old fashion australian satire of class and politics and other social issues. This would have been enough, except it was presented in rib shattering funny caberate stylings, by 3 men.
This was followed by drinking and pizzas at bimbos. If you have not eaten pizzas at bimbos you should be dropping whatever you are doing and going there.

They have a chocolate pizza... basically, a thin pizza base, butter, mascarpone, dark belgium chocolate... AWESOMENESS.. or savory... pizza base, gorgonzola cheese, proscuitto, basil leaves... pure culinary bliss!!! If you can take it.

This carried on into dancing to old classic mo-town and soul tunes. It rocked out!


Family dinner, friends, family, lots of good food and drink ... cold climate shiraz *drowns in own drool*

Masquarade ball:

Shopping for the ball was cool, got this fantastic mask. Found out i could wear my glasses with it. Went and saw a chemist. This really sweet and pretty girl in the glasses section of the chemist shop set me up with some "free trial contact lenses" and she and a friend of mine combined efforts to hold my eyes open and put the contacts in them, after it became clear I was incapable of achieving the task alone. Another friend of mine watched on with great mirth.

My eyelashes were heavily complimented as my immensely powerful eyelids heaved and and undulated and through the pretty chemist and my friend around the room as they attempted to savagely hold me down and shove glass (actually soft plastic) into my eye.

This was unsuccesful.

The culmination of this was that I went to the ball looking prettier than everyone else (at least amoungst the guys), and could not actually see anyone else clearly as a means of comparison...

I did bring my glasses with me and hold them up to gander through time and again ... (Definatly the best dressed)

So gothic style masked ball, an S & M post, funky jazz music, perplexed goths, hilarious!

Unfortunatly my glases were broken during the party
Fortunatly I was too happy and drunk to care
Unfortunatly I wasn't the next morning
Fortuatly I now have new cool glasses and my old ones are being repaired!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home