Sunday, May 13, 2007

The return of the Blog!

I have been tardy in my blogging duties, sorry.

Much has happened since I last committed text to the digital format.

Kana and I have visiting Mt. Tamborine, a strange and ideallyic village on top of a mountain with lovely view, lovely walks and a waterfall somewhere and strangest and most unexpected of all, a strong polish heritage. Here I was reminded of the food of my fathers family. All of a sudden beset by menus containing buckweat and dill and perogi and cabbage rolls.... spectacular.

We also managed to get along to O'Reilleys Rainforest, another mountain top, this time a rainforest at the top. A more rustic place less developed and yet, plenty of walks travelled enough on for the spider webs to be clear :p. Beautiful valleys and gulleys and waterfalls and trees... you get the idea. To get there you do have to travel up a road, that has many stretches of only 1 lane for both directions, countless completely blind corners... As a fan of Initial D it is a drivers wet dream... if i knew it backwards and had assurances of no oncoming traffic. This was not the case and even taking it slow and easy, just a little bit scary. Also alpackas lovely soft beautiful creatures... not at all like the massive agro things that live net to k'ni'ght.

My dad came to visit and brought with him his newest toy, a massive black digital SLR camera, of which he viewed all of brisbane and the sunshine coast with... and took many nice pictures.

It has been pretty full on with all of these little trips, getting some finaces sorted, getting tickets and organising what to do for the oncoming trip. I'm having trouble believing it, in 11 days I'll be back in melbourne.

Currently as things stand

Thursday: Arrive to late to do anything
Friday: Booked by family, and depending on how things go, Dougy may have something planned that i can attend late friday night
Saturday: To be played by ear, suggestions and ideas welcome
Sunday: See saturday
Monday: Free except in the evening where Miski has booked ridiculously in advance
Tuesday: Mark has been Penciled in for the evening
Wednesday: To be advised - contact my PA
Thursday: To be advised - contact my PA
Friday: To be advised - contact my PA
Saturday: Leaving for JAPAN!

So, somewhere in all that I gotta get presents for japanese people i havnt met and make sure i see everyone else and eat at as many places that i like as possible. Oh, and you know... catch up with the folks!


There are many of you i've missed heaps, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

Oh and we saw spiderman 3, awesome. (not as awesome as 300, although Kana has a vastly different opinion :p )

6 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spiderman 3 is teh aw3s0m3. Its so silly. And its pretty freaky to see James Franco smile after he gets hit in the head since he's been all emo the last 2 films.
But I think the highlight is watching Toby Maguire try to be a badass... Just doesn't work somehow. :) And the pimp strut.... >shudder<

If you wanna catch up, I'm free Saturday or Sunday unless work crops up.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Sigmund said...

saturday night just got booked, what do you wanna do and when, take that i wanna catch up for granted

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Sigmund said...

as in brett and sasha just booked sat night - so you better book something else!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm going back onto evening shift soon so I foresee late nights and obscure bars as our only viable method of catching up :)

Will get in touch closer to the date (i.e. when I have my roster for the term of your visit).

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh. I'll see whats available when you get here.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

slacker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home