Sunday, April 01, 2007

Silver Screens

My workload looks like its going to slow down to something resembling normal on monday, that should be an awesome change from the last month and a half.

During this time I have managed to capture some time and with it see ghost rider and hot fuzz.

Hot Fuzz was one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. If I sat down with a bunch of mates and tried to think of the biggest piss take of cop movies, thinking of the setting the characters and the badies I don't think we could have come up with sillier and funnier.

It starts very unassuming, I think Shaun of the Dead was better, but not by much :p

Ghost rider by contrast was not a particularly clever movie. Simple to the point, some average CG and some atmosphere. It was enjoyable, but dont go in with too high and expectation. I havn't read the comic before, and I'm assuming if I had, the details and intricacies of the story were no doubt left out of this silver screen portrayl.

I'm hungering for 300 and Spiderman 3!


S P A R T A ! ! !!

8 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

OMG, 300. It's a film based on a graphic novel about Ancient Greece.

I am there already :)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

From what I hear its a testosterone filled homage to maleness on the big screen portraying the utter invincibility of manly men, wearing as little as possible while visciously dismembering less manly men...

i cite http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/21 as an example

on and yeah, as stylised as sin city


I am on the edge of my chair, I already have a coupon that will let me see it cheaper

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's right, Jen. It is a Frank Miller film. You were expecting maybe some poignant social commentary? :)
I'm hanging out for Spiderman 3. Its been a bit of a tradition with Fanny & I to see those in the cinemas.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are all gay... GO SEE SOME REAL MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spiderman 3?! fuck me dead.. R*I*P* cinema..
mara

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^_^

I'll leave movie snobbism to people who actually think they're an artform as opposed to visual and audio masturbation. Nyaaaaaah.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, Frank Miller is cool! His version of Batman is awesome :)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

Frank Miller Rules!!!

Sin City, need I say more. Really?!?!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankie is also one of the main writers of Robocop 2 if memory serves. Psycho brain in the box zombies. mmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home