Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the last 2 weeks

And so the saga continues.
Exubernce flies from me like rays from the sun, MY COMPUTER HAS ARRIVED!!!! I do not believe I can express this with the approriate amount of enthusiasm this deserves! It is slim, fairly light, what I would refer to as gun metal grey (from the old days of putting together and painting model airplanes) and it has a pretty and wide and shiny 15.4" screen.

As yet all my various electronic bits and pieces have not arrived, they are in the mysterious location known as "in transit". So when my dossier of cds, dvds and portable hard drives arrive this baby will learn to fly astride gryphons and what not in theoretical imagined online worlds.

Now as for the goings on in Brisbane. I have now been here a month. If I was living closer to a net cafe no doubt my updates to date would have been more frequent. As things have occured I have been busy doing things, things which I will endeaver to enlighten you of.

Now in the days and weeks that have past I have agonised over a beautiful creature that I have only recently made a meaningful connection with, only to find, as luck would have it, that she lives from whence I came, Melbourne (the rainy city). In contrast Melbourne seems most apt for the setting of this particular story. Dark, dreary, foggy and cold. This only managed to occur as I left the city, and was followed shortly by a brief interlude, not dissimilar to a rollicking holiday in the sun, up in Brisbane. This resulted in me feeling much deprived and neglected in her absence. Not by her, the poor girl, she couldn't help it. No I blame Melbourne, silly contrary city, Where trouble stem from. Shame on it.

So, I was a little run down, staying at home, trying not to come down with a cough/cold/flu, missing my lovely little thing in Melbourne, when low and behold the weekend has come again. My frequent adventures into the darkness in Brisbane have began to yield results. I now have friends who can invite me to their parties. Getting there was a chore in it self, my train was cancelled and an hour was spent waiting for my connection. I got to comlpain to people slightly responsible for this on Monday, much to my amusement. Just another night of drinking and mucking around. The following morning making my way back to the city to pick up some developed photos, what should happen but a pretty girl appears, on the train in front of me. As I looked at her I noticed she was sad, and I thought "I should ask her what's wrong", Nothing, apparently, as we are walking up the escalator together I ask her if she is sure, so we start talking. We went and picked up my leaving melbourne photos, went and got coffee and took them with us to sit and chat in the botanical gardens.

In brisbane, providence shines on me, not just the sun :D

Basically what this means is that I have a pretty girl to spend some of my time with.

Considering I had a week full of appointments for the week following that, and eveyone cancelled, it was nice that she wanted to see me on the days that mysteriously ended up vacant after work.

In additional to social activities I have taken up touch footy. I dont even know enough about the game to know if I suck at it or not. I run around a lot, I get the ball, I throw it behind me and I touch people. I play on the wing. A term I have recently learnt for this is guide dog. I sit there and look after the blind spot.

Following this I had a bit of a busy weekend...

A barbeque and piss up, in fine 'stralian tradition (people can burst into shown tunes at this point if they wish.) The night was much fun. Drinking was done by all in reasonable quantities, off colour jokes ran rampant and there were exchange students from numerous countries in Europe present and one from america. (year 12 students, nothing to frown at). As strange as it was the highlight of the night was charades. I made a cracking start by guessing the first movie title before our team mate could completely hear it. This inspired may accusations of underhanded tactics. The teams were stacked heavily in my favour and most of our teams night consisted of sitting back, laughing at the efforts of the other team, and assisting them when it was too painful to watch. Much pity was given. As things turn out they returned some of the favour, breaking the night on my round. Have you ever tried to, without speaking, get people to guess the word "Evangelion" to a group of people who have never heard it before, I have. Successfully I might add! The bastards.God damn anime watching freaks! The freaks!!

*cough* *cough*

Anyway, this triumph of charades mastery and skill was followed the next day by an accidental phone call at 6am, 3 minutes before someone started making the rounds waking everyone up. Everyone who slept over after the bbq, we are talking around 15 ppl was volunteered!!!! to help out with the rotatary fun run!!! Standing around on an unusually cold brisbane morning, tired, surly and sleepy stuck on a t-intersection with no other direction other than "tell the runners where to go" which I did with abandon.

Later I was informed I was the 5k turn around point. I quite enjoyed not knowing that :p

Today 22/5/06 I intercepted a pass... with my face. I also managed to do something pretty cool (a good pass) only to be penalised by the ref for it when I shouldnt have been! My first opportunity to refer to a sports refferee as a filthy inbred excuse for a white maggot. It was a special occasion.

I have done some shopping, I now have some even sharper looking attire. Something to suit my extravegant lifestyle. I now own more snappy looking pants with subtle stripes and checks in browns and greys. I resent all implications that my taste in clothing is only suitable for the golf course or extreme age.

I have also come to find out the down side of higher education. I have previously completed a bachelor degree under the system known as HECS, more recently I started a graduate degree of teaching
(got half way through before I started this job) that was to be paid for under some different scheme. Basically what this means is that money comes out of my pay for both of them independantly!!! this is around $150 a week of my money, in addition to tax going to pay these things back, there all together goes a third of the money I earn. This as you may be aware, sucks mightily. I changes the amount I take home from being a very respectable figure to a very ordinary one.

Tomorrow the 23/5/06 I should be getting broadband installed and picking up the various bits of software and dvds I own as well as my old hard drive and some of my going away presents!!!! Tomorrow looks like a very nice day. I may be losing a lot of sleep in the near future... the world of warcraft and msn call....

I have lived without much of a bit stream for quite a while, soon the floodgates open and I flood my personality, through various specialized programs over the data channels that make up the world wide web as we have come to know it. Drop me a line.

I do miss everyone back home a lot, but I am still having a very good time over here, possibly too good. Maybe at some point the other shoe will drop. Well until then I shall make the most of it!

This saturday pass a person of whom has similar blood to mine came upon me. Henceforth we set out upon the epic journey, for lo and behold spilt from the same womb as he, did forth his brother arrive from lands to the North, known as Cairns. Following the heading from which he came, did we travel. Flowing over the many rises and falls of the land until before us, the land did grow immensly as so in our machine, did we climb its peaks. On the green folds of land, hidden in a cleft, lay the property of those that did beget my companions. In this place did we find what we sought. Shining forth from condensation did our eyes come to gaze on the goal, a vehicle of no mean prowes. Blue in colour, except where its battle with the elements have left its reddy orange marks, unblemished except where care and misuse have left its glass crack or its sheet metal panels in dissaray and chaotic lines, lay what has become known as "The Zigma". As we beheld her in all her glory did not he of my own blood exlaim "just let me grab the keys and I'll start her up!".

We were all of similar intent but forsooth, did the vehicle to henceforth become known as The Zigma mock us. Upon the mountain cleft in which she lay did she refuse to budge or make a sound. Our cries of outrage rang out through the folds of the land. Wheh henceforth did we proclaim "It must be the battery". My kin from the more northen lands did then jump into action, quickly grabbing forth the tools and equipement which he did then battle with the conditions we had found. Much exclaiming did occur and with our bodies did we proceed to argue with the vehicle. Eventually after tools of cold steel had been applied to the container of caged lightening and more arcs of energy had been ferried from one chariot to another, did the Zigma reply to our greetings and salutations with some slight coughing.

We the proceeded to cradle and rock the poor and sickly vehicle up and down the hill, when lo and behold its coughs, mysteriously turned into a deep rumbling and purring. Hence the Zigma came to be with us.

86 Manual Mitsubishi Sigma, has a couple of dents, brake lights work, rear lights dont, doors actuators if accidentally locked require stategic kicking to reopen, cracked windscreen, rear doors only open from the exterior
fuel consuption - oil consumption
character quotient -> exponential

And so it can to pass the Sigmund who did carry the dust of Stars did meet those of his blood and acquire from them, in the Northen hills of the Costal Sunshine regions the sky coloured chariot, Zigma. Under his mighty arm did swing the construnt of the most powerful magic, a slim shiny device, seeping mystical and mysterious powers, through which, did the world open up before him. So armed and equiped did Sigmund, bathed in stardust, move forth to meet the obstacles and adventures that lay in obscurity before him.

12 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

you utter utter knob

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck, man. I don't think I've done a post that long. Ever. @.@

Damn right it's a saga. X3

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know... you should open up a gardening store... I've never seen so much shit on show in one space before. :p

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

"...my lovely little thing in Melbourne..."? *vomits discretely*

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

whats with all the negative feedback!!!

dont you like my saga?

and she is lovely :p

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Sig,

Just like many small meals a day is better for your digestion and metabolism than one or 2 big gut-busting binges, maybe you can try to write more posts with less content rather than one post every 2 weeks that's as long as a Webster's dictionary?

Also... the over-the-top nordic saga theme is funny once in a while, but I think most of us find that it gets old if its your normal mode of narrative.

Is that a bit more constructive? ;)

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Sigmund said...

i had no internet access for 2 weeks!

yes its more constructive. No it isnt very helpful in this instance.

You are all bastards, however, this isn't news to y'all I believe.

Zig out

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

oh man.. if sigmund ever asks you for your advice about a certain landlord, just lie to him.. it appears that by siding with the landlord as he tries to keep his house from becoming.. well.. what sigmund is used to living in.. i have touched a very raw nerve!! i warn ye!! tell not the truth to the mund of sig for in doing so the stinging rain of his disdain shall fall upon thy head and he wilt exclaim in terrible earnest : "if you can't understand where i'm coming from just fuck off" sorry sigmund. the landlord is a cruel nosy bastard and must be horsewhipped whilst being forced to watch you have group sex with members of his family...
love mara

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

In true style a quote form mara "if you can't handle me.. then fuck off"

Unfortunatly there is much in this world I can handle. Woe betide those who over reach their boundaries.

And never you believe the hype,my landlord is being a tool!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way you might as well write novel out of all this, you'd make a pretty good writer

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home