Friday, April 14, 2006

Goodbye Melbourne, I'll miss you

This is my final Melbourne post. These last few days have been very eventful. Much has happened. It seems like the smallest thing that has happened is that all my worldly possession are packed up into boxes and a few suit cases, and that I’m ready to go.

The timing of the move has meant that it has been Pesach. For those of you who don’t know what Pesach is it’s a Jewish festival based on the events portrayed in the movie “The Ten Commandments”. In layman’s terms, that’s a lot of eating and drinking and singing and praying (although the last one tends to be skipped over).

So all in all much family orientated action. This did not overshadow the final catching up with many a friend and acquaintance. Some of these times happened over a coffee, some over the dismantling of my old sound system, some a bon fire and some over shopping.

Some of these events will be blurred forever into my mind, along with copious quantities of alcohol.

At one of these events brought certain things to my attention. Although I will not discuss the circumstance here, let me merely say that this is the one area of my life where I welcome adversity, strife and drama. The advice from friends on this matter was varied, split almost down the middle between “Go for it!!!!” and “Nah your leaving soon” one piece of advice stood apart from the rest “There’s nothing to go for, it’s a trick”. What was my position you ask? Did I act? I am still unsure, I’ll get around to making up my mind, really I will. Honest.

Look, it’s not what you think. I mean, I would have acted, if I had time, I was leaving in a few days, still almost unpacked… that had to come first… I guess, and all those other people bustling around trying to get a chance to see me off… I was busy.

*sigh*

Never the less, on an unrelated topic, I’m all packed up, leaving my poor, poor computer behind. I may begin suffering withdrawal soon.

Posting to y’all from Brisbane soon, Ye’HA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home