Saturday, August 09, 2008

The silver lining

I was expecting that New Zealand would be wetter than north east Australia, I was not expecting this.

The amount of downpour here is phenominal! Barely a day, let alone a week has gone by without multiple downpours of some description. Dreary, wet, soggy and occasionally bleak are all apt descriptions of the climate, colour and feel of this place, especially this winter.

The contrast is astounding, especially considering the last place I was living in had undergone 5 years of drought and the time I spent there I could have counted the amount of downpours on my hand. The days that were overcast on two hands...

Looking up at all of these grey clouds spitting down at me, a sliver of light shone through and damn near bowled me over.

The thing about this sliver of light was the amount of colour in it. A rainbow did stand before me.

The amount of rainbows I have seen in this country is staggering. Often on my way to work after/during a light downpour there will be multiple rainbows, I believe one morning I saw 5 different rainbows.

No wonder there are so many Astin Martins around this place, people keep on stumbling over pots of gold.

8 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Do you think if I try to bring some of that gold back to Australia, customs would confiscate it?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Sigmund said...

Yes. Customs ppl are bastards like that

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

dude what did you expect when you moved to "the land of the long white cloud"?? why do you think there are so many kiwis here? tool.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

i do believe i can legitimately hassle you for not blogging.. i have been without internet for the last two years.. what's your friggin excuse you slack bastard?

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

yes i am alive.. ALIIIIIVE and so's mum, so..... BONUS!!! don't worry about me.. but it's sweet that you did.
xox
not dead chick

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

your blogging regularity is for shit.. take some online metamucil or something..

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

man one day blogger are just gonna go "oh he must have died" and shut down your so called blog. COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger mara - church wrecker said...

*pines for news from sigmund*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home