Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Words and Movies

Words, something I have been skipping on recently. With my girl moving over here with me there was a whole new range of things to settle into again, some for me, more for her. I guess now we are mostly settled with some things going pretty well and a lot of things that could be going smoother and hitch free.

None the less we are trooping on and settling in.

The important matter that I bring to you today is Stardust, a movie that I have been impatiently anticipating and, just recently, finally saw. The book was a very sentimental fantasy story, reminiscent of a fairy tale that hasn’t been bastardized and standardized by Hollywood or Disney.

I loved the book.

The movie, well, I’ve been disappointed by the last neil gaimen movie I saw, it didn’t quite meet some of my expectations. This one I merely eyed off sideways, so as not to get too excited about a possible disappointment. The cast was star studded, much like the story line and title, things that can bode well, or unwell…

I got off my arse and saw this movie, in spite of negative reviews from my significant other (she saw it without me and fell asleep). I was impressed by this movie. Not only did the movie impress me as a movie, but as an adaptation of a book. The plot and feel of both the book and movie were consistent.

The most powerful thing about this movie I can think of was that I went into the movie feeling pretty crappy, and damn it if it didn’t cheer me right up.

A sweet and sentimental movie that’s not overly flowing with syrupy sugar, unusual in a fairy tale, this one should be seen and enjoyed.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Stardust is worth it just for De Niro. That said, the whole thing was pretty awesome :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home