Friday, October 13, 2006

OMG! More Railroads!

Many of my favorite games have been made by Sid Meier, Civilization, Civilization 2, Alpha Centauri, the list goes on. Amongst them is Railroad Tycoon 2 (I never played the first one) I have just found out they are putting out a newer more awesome version, with fiddly time consuming bits cut out, only pure strategy and cut throat economics are left.

Pure GOLD!

I find the fact that I play with this stuff, except as a real life version no deterrent to look forward to acquiring this newest Sid gem!!!

I don’t know building track, making big rail decisions, buying industry, running other companies out of business... it sounds awesome!!!!

I mean I am part of driving big decision making decisions about the actual track that gets laid and a lot of the iterative processes underneath and behind that, roughly speaking, its also significantly slower moving.

*sigh*

I feel a little disappointed about how excited I am about a computer game to play with stuff I play with all day… I believe this may qualify me to be a consummate geek of some description :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home